I have reviewed 3 shades of Rimmel 60 Second nail polish in the past, and loved all of my previous shades. I love how this nail polish really does dry fast, and doesn’t need 20 coats to be opaque. The color I decided to grab is called Red Steady Go. It’s a fun, classic red shade of nail polish. I just love it! In this picture, I’m only wearing one coat, with no base or top coat. I like that I can paint my nails under 5 minutes, and have my nails come out actually looking nice! It costs $1.50 at Walmart, although I got it for $.50 with a coupon. It’s a mini nail polish bottle, and only is only .27 ounces instead of the typical size .4 ounces. I actually like that aspect of this nail polish though –I really struggle to get through a whole bottle without it drying up and clumping on me. All in all, I think this was a really good purchase, and I won’t be surprised if I ended up reaching for another bottle of Red Steady Go once it runs out! 🙂
So, here is the review of my favorite Rimmel Nail Polish… finally. It’s called Blue My Mind, and it is part of the 60 Second Collection by Rimmel. It’s a beautiful mid-tone blue, and I think it’s perfect for summer. It is slightly glossy, and I love the color. It applies the most evenly of the 3 Rimmel nail polishes that I’ve tried (You can also see my beauty reviews on Mintilicious and Purple Reign!).
That being said, I’ve had it for a year, and it has started to clump. So, keep in mind that with the Rimmel 60 Second Nail Polishes, that they last a year. Thankfully, the bottle is small, and is super cheap –only $1.50, compared to the typical $4-9 bottles of polish you can buy at Wal-Mart.
What do you think? Does Blue My Mind look like a color you’d like in your nail polish collection?
So, I have another Rimmel 60 Seconds Mini Nail Polish to review. This shade is called Purple Reign, and I love it! It’s a beautiful, cool-toned shade of purple, and I love to wear it. The one thing I will say about it, is that it is a bit streaky, and does not meet its “one coat” guarantee. That said, two coats, or even three, leaves you with a gorgeous manicure or pedicure. It’s pretty easy to take off, and I love the fact that this nail polish comes in such a small bottle. As it is with me, so many bottles of nail polish, so little time… 🙂
Though it is streaky, I like Purple Reign a little more than the Mintilicious shade that I reviewed previously -I think the color is more flattering on my skin. If you’re looking for a fun, medium-toned blue-purple, this is a great option. And for $1.49, it’s a good deal!
I’ve decided to take up a challenge – Project Trash Ten -I found this awesome idea on the blog Lip Gloss And A Backpack, and am using it with the blogger’s permission. Basically, it’s a challenge to use up 10 full-size products (and/or 20 sample size products) before buying any new beauty products. And while I’m at it, I figure I’ll work on reviewing products that I have about my bathroom. Hence this review.
If you haven’t heard of the Rimmel 60 Seconds nail polish, it’s a fast-drying lacquer that comes in smaller bottles. Instead of the typical .5 fl oz, it’s .27 fl oz. I have yet to finish an entire bottle of nail polish, so the smaller size is preferable to me.
This color, number 210, and called Mintilicious, is a pastel mint. The first coat goes on a little streaky, but the second coat looks good. It’s a nice even, opague mint with two coats, and I like that. It’s not my favorite of the four shades of Rimmel 60 seconds that I own, but it’s still pretty.
As you can see, it isn’t the right undertone for my skin. Anything warm toned makes my skin look red, which is a bit annoying. But, it’s not too bad. And if you’re looking for a warm-toned mint, this is the color for you
So, I read a review on Naked Beauty Blog about the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation. I looked high and low but could not find that specific product. I did, however, find another matte foundation -Clean Finish Matte Foundation- by Rimmel, and the Stay Matte pressed powder.
Here are my thoughts on it:
- I did -finally! -manage to find a color that looks good on me. Yay! And let me tell you -this has been quite the struggle. Just the fact that it matches my skin tone is a *huge* plus.
- The Clean Finish foundation looks super thick when you open it up, but it goes on a lot more sheer.
- The foundation did go on a little streaky at first, so I had to work with it a bit to even it out. I think part of this might be because I didn’t put facial moisturizer or primer under neath it. But, once I smoothed it out, it looked good.
- Definitely don’t try and use this foundation to cover up blemishes -it highlights them. Apply it lightly and use a concealer instead (which, really, you should be using a concealer anyways for this sort of thing).
- The Stay Matte pressed powder applied well -better than the foundation.
- The pressed powder does tend to highlight any minute facial hair, so, you’ll need to be extra cautious when using it.
- Wearing the two together seems like it might be too heavy for day -I’d suggest the combination for night time, big events, and any time you’ll be photographed.
- The combination definitely photographs well, which is a big plus.
- I didn’t try the pressed powder alone, as I don’t usually wear my makeup that way, so I can’t give my thoughts on just the powder.