This summer, I have 11 empty products to blog about! I’m pretty excited -this is my biggest empty post ever! I have products from drug store to luxury brand here, and I’m excited to tell you all about them!
1. Matrix Total Result Color Care Shampoo/Conditioner (conditioner not shown) -I used this shampoo set for a year and loved it. It’s very gentle on color treated hair, and left my hair soft and detangled. While I’ve switched to a different shampoo line, I still love this one and recommend it to anyone who just had their hair colored or chemically treated.
2. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen in SPF 30 -This sunscreen smells really good, and is really hydrating. It’s a treat to put on during the summer. That being said, I hated putting it my face. My face would sting, and get a little red with irritation (though the damage wasn’t too severe). I’ve since switched to a gentler sunscreen by Coppertone.
3. Onsen Pure A Skin Renewal Peel -Okay, so I’ve had this product for… several years, which is kind of gross. But, it kept working until the very last drop! I got this product at one of those Dead Sea Mineral Product kiosks at the mall -you know, with the annoying, pushing salespeople. This stuff was expensive, but it exfoliated my skin like no other. I could see the dead skin literally sloughing off, and my skin looked so much better afterwards. While this product isn’t really in my price range these days, I do still love and admire it.
4. Naturelle Bioterra Thermal Protectant Styling Spray -This was a heat sealant that I bought at Sally Beauty Supply. It was a good decent heat spray, but I had to be careful not too spray too much, or it would ruin the entire styling process. It’s not as good as salon products, but it’s better than drugstore heat sealants. So, I would say that you get your money’s worth for the product.
5. Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Energizing Body Lotion -Before this product was given to me by my friend Emily Ray, I had no clue that Paul Mitchell made lotion! It was a fun lotion, with an eclectic, but fun and upbeat smell. The lotion was pretty good at moisturizing, which was nice. I had to be careful to dry my legs completely before using, so it didn’t sting (but my legs are ultra sensitive, so that’s probably just me and my weirdness). The scent isn’t too girly, and in fact, it almost seems like a unisex scent. I thought the lotion was lots of fun to use, especially in the mornings.
6. Skintimate Vitamin E Shaving Gel -I love the unscented, vitamin E, and sensitive skin versions of Skintimate shaving gel. They are super gentle on my easily irritated legs. That being said, I’ve switched back to Hydro Silk razors, which come with a built in shaving gel.
7. Bath and Body Works Cashmere Glow Shower Gel -This was part of a fun set that Ben got me for Christmas two years ago. The scent smells like vanilla and musk, and a little hint of peaches. While it wasn’t the most phenomenal shower gel I’ve ever used, it did smell really yummy.
8. Mary Kay Eye Makeup Remover -I love this eyemakeup remover. It’s the best I’ve ever used, and the only one that doesn’t make my eyes tear up or swell after using. It does a good job of removing most mascaras.
9. E.l.f. Mineral Eyeliner in Coffee -This eyeliner was simple, and easy to use. It didn’t stay in place as well as more expensive eyeliners that I have used, but its staying performance wasn’t too shabby. If you’re looking for a comfortable, cheap, and easy to use eyeliner, you’ll probably like this one.
10. Maybelline Volum’ Express The Colossal Mascara in (Waterproof) Black – It took me a while to figure out how to use this curved mascara wand, but once I did, it was amazing! My eyelashes looked full and dramatic all day, and didn’t smudge in the least even after a couple hours in the pool, or a long bike ride in the humid Texas heat. This mascara was difficult to remove, however, and did leave my lashes feeling stiff and crunchy. That said, it’s a cheap mascara packed with lots of drama!
11. Almay Oil-Free Makeup Eraser Sticks -These little pre-filled q-tips were a wonder! I made touching up makeup mistakes a breeze. While I wouldn’t recommend this product for full eye makeup removal, especially mascara, it’s great for touching up on the go!