This past weekend, Ben and I went to Fargo. Knowing that I wouldn’t have time to change before the car ride, I decided to wear something comfy, yet work appropriate. I came up with this simple outfit -a white button-up shirt with black leggings, a pair of boots, and a cozy scarf. I think it worked well.I especially like the mint and peach scarf-it’s a fun color pairing.
It was nice to get away for the weekend. Ben had some work to do in the Fargo design studio, so we headed over for a couple days. We also went to the Fargo-Moorhead Com-icon (more on that later). It was lovely to spend time with Ben, especially with no distractions. I think we both needed the relaxation and fun. 🙂
I also want to show off my latest makeup routine! I am love with my Clinique chubby stick! Lipstick tends to dry my lips out and make them look thinner, but this lip crayon helps my lips look naturally full. I love the sheer, barely there color. I also like my eyeliner, made by Just For Redheads. I plan on buying one of their mascaras and reviewing it later on!
- Covergirl Outlast Stay 3-in-1 Foundation in Classic Ivory: $9.47
- Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Balm in Super Strawberry: $17
- CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara in Black Brown $6.94
- Mirabella Blue Color Duo in Blissful: $34
- JFR Mineral Eye Crayon in Penny: free gift with purchase ($16.99 retail)
Since it was 20 degrees outside, I did wear a coat most of the time. 🙂 This pink pea-coat is one of my favorite pieces in my outerwear wardrobe. It’s made by Monoreno, a clothing brand that you can find on Shoptique and Zulily. One thing I love about thrift shopping is that I am introduced to brands I’ve never heard of.
Isn’t the design studio lovely? It’s a perfect place for a blog picture, if I do say so myself. 🙂
My Outfit Deconstructed:
- White Button-Up Shirt -Part of $1 Bag, thrifted (Van Huesen Studio/JC Penny)
- Black Jeggings : Part of $1 Bag, thrifted (Mossimo/Target)
- Mint and Peach Scarf -$3, thrifted
- Brown Leather Boots: $8, thrifted
- Leopard Print Purse: $8, thrifted (Sienna Ricchi/Kohls)
- Pink Pea Coat: $1, thrifted (Monoreno)