I found a new shirt, and well, I am in love! I went to my sister-in-law Katie’s wedding back in July, which was lovely, by the way. 🙂 There, my mom-in-law, Patty, introduced me to the best layering shirt ever!
It was a matching purple to go with my brides-matron dress, as the neckline was too low. I asked her where she got them, and she said Wal-Mart. I was floored. So naturally, I headed over to Wal-Mart and bought several more in different colors!
I am telling you, these are the best shirts ever! If you have ever worn a Down East wonder tee before, well, these shirts are even better. When I find something, cheap, flattering and completely modest, I feel the need to tell everyone!
- First and foremost, these shirts have perfect coverage. Down East shirts always seem to have necklines and sleeves that don’t quite… cover all the way. With these on the other hand, I don’t have to worry at all about modesty!
- They are way cheaper than Down East –$2.97, as opposed to $12.97!
- I also love the fit so much more. The shirts are a little thinner, and the drape is much more flattering.
- They breathe way better too, which was a major complaint that I had about Down East wonder tees. They felt stiff, claustrophobic, and way too hot for a summer day. These Wal-Mart shirts, on the other hand, are perfect for hot weather.
- I’ve washed my shirts a few times already, and they have washed well so far. I have not seen any major shrinkage or stretching/warping (although I wouldn’t recommend a heavy duty wash cycle or super high heat for drying).
- At least at the Wal-Mart in Mandan, there is a whole wall of these shirts, in lots of colors.
These shirts are perfect for me, as I like simple and sweet shirts. I love the solid colors, and that they are great for layering or standalone wearing. And since I’ve been looking to expand my summer wardrobe, I feel happy that I found a great daily wardrobe staple. 🙂