This week was so much fun, and I can’t wait to share seven of the thousands of blessings I received this week! Going to Linda’s wedding and spending time with family was exactly what I needed! Although I have lots to be thankful for every week, this week in particular has showered down blessings. 🙂
1. Linda’s Wedding –I have been looking forward to this wedding all summer, and it did not disappoint! The wedding sealing was so sweet and touching.The reception and open house were a lot of fun as well. The decorations were stunning, and it was great helping to set up. And all of the cheesecake was delicious! Plus, it was really nice to see Ben’s family. 🙂
2. NYX Round Lipstick –I decided to buy a neon pink lipstick from the NYX line last week. And I love it! The formula is so creamy, and stays on a really long time. I also like that if I brought, it can look pretty natural, and conversely, it can give me a really bold look. I don’t remember the exact name (it was a number), but it was $4 at HEB. It was a lot of fun wearing this week during all of the wedding fun.
3. Kayaking –Yesterday, I was able to go kayaking with Katie, one of my awesome sisters-in-law. It was so peaceful out on the ocean, dipping my oar into the water, and looking out at the spacious ocean. The sky was a clear blue, and the temperature perfect. I believe that if you surround yourself with beauty, that it will begin to rub off on your soul. I know this was one of those moments that will stay with me forever. 🙂
4. The Ocean –Along those lines, I really enjoyed going to the Carpinteria beach. It was simply glorious! The old belief that the ocean is a form of medicine totally rings true to me. There’s nothing like experiences that indulge all five senses. I love the taste of salt water on my tongue, the brisk water rushing against my skin, the smell of seaweed and sunscreen, the sound of the crashing waves, and the sight of beautiful sand meeting beautiful water. It was so much fun, and I was able to really let go and enjoy myself. 🙂
5. Blue Maxi Dress -So, my awesome idea for a modest dress to Linda’s wedding kind of failed. It worked fine until the wind blew, or I sat down…. But thankfully, Patty, my awesome mom-in-law came to the rescue and brought me a blue maxi-dress that I could wear. It was pretty, the right color, really comfy, and completely modest. Yay! As for the other dress, I’ll probably sew on another layer of ribbon. 🙂
6. Crocheting –While here in California, I felt the urge to crochet again. And as Patty has loads of yarn in the attic, I decided to pull some out and start playing with it! Katie showed me how to do the wavy stitch that she’s really good at. I’m determining if I want to make a hat, scarf, or blanket with it. I guess we’ll see… 🙂
7. BBQ Sandwiches –I love the taste of pulled pork sandwiches –it’s a little taste of Virginia. And we had some on the night before Linda’s wedding! There’s nothing like a barbeque sandwich to brighten my day! The recipe used was really simple –just pulled pork and barbeque sauce. So delicious. 🙂