With the holiday crazies finally over, I can get back to blogging! And, what better way to start the new year, than my tenth grateful post? Here are the 7 things I am grateful for this week:
1. Japanese Bento Supplies -Lately, I have been intrigued by the concept of packing a Japanese lunch box. While there are endless varieties, the main point is to pack an economical, healthy and tasty lunch box. For Christmas, I received a recipe book for several types of food to go in my bento (from my awesome sister Carrie). I also received some flower shaped vegetable cutters, and several rice-ball molders (from my in-laws). I am super excited to use them, and make my first Japanese bento ever! If it turns out cute enough, I just might post about it!
2. The New Year -I am so thankful for a New Year. Every January, I am filled with renewed hope and ambition. I’m excited to see what this year has in store, and what I will accomplish. Last year, I completed my bachelor’s degree, wrote a novel, and started this blog, which has received over 2100 views! Hopefully, I will have some fun adventures, and accomplish more of my goals. Good luck to all of you on your New Year’s Resolutions!
3. Simulated Sapphire Jewelry -For my big present from my parents, I received a beautiful set of earrings and a necklace, with simulated diamonds and sapphires. They are beautiful, in fact, much more beautiful than the picture shown above. I will write a post about them in the next couple of weeks, depending on when I can get my left ear re-pierced (it has a tendency to close up).
4. Green and Gold Scarf -I also received a beautiful green and gold scarf for Christmas (from my parents), and I adore it. It is also much prettier than the picture above, as I couldn’t find the exact scarf on polyvore. It’s warm, colorful, and it looks great on me. I feel so blessed and grateful for the gifts I received this year. I will also post about this scarf, sometime this week.
5. Fuzzy Socks- I received lots of fuzzy, comfy, colorful socks from various people this Christmas. I love warm socks, and I love colorful socks. Living in blustery Rexburg, these socks are great for cuddling up with a cup of herbal tea and a fun movie.
6. Blue Pumps -Yes, I was spoiled this Christmas. I was given a beautiful blue pair of closed-toe high heels, and I adore them. They are really comfortable -more so than some of my ballet flats, which I am super thankful for. I love heels, but with the ice, snow, and super huge hill that I live on, I tend to forgo my lovely heels for something more comfortable. But with these new heels, that’s about to change!
7. Face Powder -So, I have the perfect foundation from Clinique, which I blogged about previously. My only complaint is that it doesn’t last super long. But, with a simple face powder from NYC that my sister Jennifer gave me, my foundation stays perfect all day long! I’m super grateful for this addition to my makeup collection. I’m sure I’ll blog about this beauty find as well.
I wish you all a happy New Year, and can’t wait to share more of my beauty, fashion, and wellness adventures here on my blog!