It’s that time again! Here’s my 7 things I am grateful for this week. 🙂
1. NaNoWriMo -In case you don’t know, NaNoWriMo stands form National Novel Writing Month. Every November, this awesome event takes place, give writers a chance to bond together in a common goal -writing a novel! I’m super excited, and I’m going to return to my abandoned novel, Cry of the Amazon. I already have 20k written, but to keep within the contest rules, I will write another 50k words, which will bring my novel to 70,000 words. This is going to be a great opportunity for me, and I intend to take full advantage of it.
2. Baklava -I love baklava! It’s my favorite holiday dessert, and I was able to enjoy a piece (or two) of it yesterday. My friend and sister-in-law, Lizzy, had a 6 course Turkish meal for her international foods class. It was a lot of fun, and the food was great. 🙂
3. Advil -So, I have been struggling with a lot of headaches lately, and let me tell you, I am so grateful for modern medicine. Advil helps keep my headaches at bay, and helps preserve my sanity.
4. Cute Glasses -I love glasses, and I think they are a fun fashion accessory. I’m especially grateful for my blue-framed, glasses, which I got from Zenni Optical, for only $12! Without them, I have a hard time recognizing faces, which is a bummer. I’m not skipping glasses at church today!
5. Mary Kay Eye Makeup Remover -I did write a review on this makeup remover earlier in the week, but I wanted to mention it again. My eyes are so sensitive, and just about everything I’ve tried sends me eyes straight to red and puffy land. But, this makeup remover does not! So, right now, I’m very grateful for my non-red eyes.
6. Friends -This week, I have been reminded time and time again about how much my friends care about me, and are willing to lend a hand. From dyeing my hair, to helping with stress meltdowns, to just listening, my friends have been there for me. Thank you so much, everyone!
7. Herbal Tea -Speaking of stress meltdowns, last night I was so stressed that all of the muscles in my body were tensed and throbbing. My friend Jessica and her husband were there at the rescue, with essential oils and a magnesium drink. The magnesium went into a cup of herbal lemon tea, and it helped a lot. Plus, I just love herbal tea in general. It’s very soothing and wonderful, and helps me to feel pampered.