1. Grape Nuts –I love Grape Nuts! It’s a healthy, filling cereal that helps me start out my day on the right foot. Granted, it needs a spoonful of sugar with it, but that’s okay. As long as I don’t overdose on the sugar, I always feel good in the hours that follow eating this awesome breakfast.
2. Autumn Leaves –On Wednesday and yesterday, I was able to go hiking to two different spots. First, we hiked in Herbert, an old ghost town in the middle of a forest, and surrounded by fields. It was a lot of fun! We also went hiking at Cress Creek, which was a fun hike, more designed for families and small children. In both places, the autumn leaves were beautiful. There were more yellow leaves than a variety, but it was still very beautiful. Here are some pictures.
3. Green Sweater –As I mentioned above, I also went on a Thrift Store raid on Friday. I went to one down in Idaho Falls that supports a homeless shelter. Anyway, it has a fun $5 dollar bag deal. I was able to stuff a full sized winter coat worthy of Rexburg, an over coat, and three sweaters. The green sweater and purple “teacher sweater” fit great (as well as the coats), but the teal one did not. So, I gave it to one of my friends, Kara. All in all, I think that’s pretty good for five bucks!
4. Harry Potter –While growing up, the Harry Potter books were a great strength to me. While I was blessed with a loving, living family (unlike Harry), I went through a lot of hardships, and these books really helped me to persevere, and gave me many needed sessions of laughter and tears. While they definitely do not replace my faith, they were a great blessing to me.
5. Finishing Spray –So, through a friend, I was able to get a deal on Paul Mitchell products, including my favorite finishing spray. I love these products, as they help keep my hair in place. And since I got them yesterday, it’s just in time for church!
6. Box Spring –So, I’ve been sleeping on just a mattress, and didn’t realize how much it was affecting my sleep, until a kind neighbor gave Ben and me their old box spring and bed frame (they recently bought a new one). Now, I’m sleeping a lot better, which is nice.
7. My Family –I have been thinking about my family a lot this week. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people related to me, and I love them so much. Is my family perfect? No. Is my family a little quirky? Yes. But that’s part of why I love them. It can be easy to let things get in the way, but I think it’s important to make time for family.