So, I’ve been toying with this idea of making a fun date night idea for a while. I wanted it to be colorful and glamorous of course, but I also wanted it to have a more casual, down-to-earth feel as well. I love this look personally, and think it is a great one for anyone to try out, whether for a date, a night on the town, or just a “I want to look cute but not too fussy” day.
Here are the components of this outfit:
- Colored leather jacket –My favorite thing about leather jackets is that they have the rare ability to dress up or dress down an outfit, depending on what they are paired with. Adding color also gives a lot of visual interest to this traditional but trendy piece of outerwear.
- Ankle bootie sandals –I love this look. It’s the perfect transitional piece for the slightly chilly night. These shoes are sleek, stylish, and have a lot of personality. Plus, they’re guaranteed to be more comfortable than a pair of stilettos.
- Black t-shirt –I love t-shirts. They are so comfortable, and can still be a piece of serious fashion, if worked right. When paired with the statement necklace, it gives a casual, comfy note to the outfit, without looking slouchy.
- Statement necklace –I chose one of the basic bubble necklaces, in a classic red. I think red is always an attention getter, and looks great paired with blue.
- Rose bud stud earrings –I think roses are very romantic, and this cute pair of earrings manages to be darling and sophisticated, which I love. And really, you can pair these earrings with just about anything. Hint: while the pair of rosebud earrings shown here are no longer available, you can buy a similar pair for under $5 on Etsy here, here, here, and here. If you want a pair of rosebud dangle earrings, you can buy a pair for under $25 here. And yes, I love Etsy.
- Jean Skirt –I love jean skirts. They are so versatile, and I think every gal should have one. This knee length skirt perfect for that casual date night look.
- Cross-body Satchel Purse –I love the satchel purses that are popular this season, especially since it’s a timeless design. I chose a colorful one, of course, and I think it is well worth the investment. Satchel handbags look relaxed and dignified simultaneously.
So what do you think of this look? What are your favorite date night outfits?