This is my first blogger feature post, and let me tell you –I’m super psyched! One of my favorite blogs that I am following is called Pearls and Paris, and is a lifestyle blog by a gal named Shareen from Jersey. From inspirational posts to beauty tips to awesome outfit combinations and sales, this site has it all. It’s the ultimate feel-good destination for women.
And here’s an interview with Shareen! I love interviews -I feel like it’s a great way to get to know someone on a deeper level. 🙂
1. Describe yourself in three words. Independent, Strong & Adventurous
2. What is your blog about? What is its mission? Pearls & Paris is a lifestyle blog. I hope when people visit my page something inspires them. I hope that someone who is having a bad day comes across one of my ‘Daily Inspirations’ and it just puts a smile on their face. I hope that someone comes across one of my travel post and it inspires them to go book a trip somewhere they’ve never been and find the courage to live life to the fullest. I hope people see my nail or recipe post and they get inspired to go home and try different D.I.Y projects.
3. What makes your blog unique? I think what makes my blog unique is that I mix a lot of different topics and ideas. Some blogs like to stick to fashion or beauty or both. I like to talk about any and everything that I love or I think my readers would enjoy. One day I may want to post a review on a new makeup brand I tried out while the next I post an article I found online that inspires me. I don’t ever want to constrict myself to just 1 thing.
4. What inspired you to start blogging? I’ve always had a love for writing and I always dreamed of working for one of the publications at Condé Nast. Unfortunately, that never happened (not yet at least) and it sort of made me slack off on writing after college. My brother passed away 5 years ago and when he did I had a lot of mixed emotions that I couldn’t express out-loud and so I turned to blogging as a way to vent what I was going through. It helped me emotionally and it also brought back my love of writing. Last year I decided I wanted to create Pearls & Paris and make it a Lifestyle blog so that I could share all the things I love and I’m interested in.
5. What advice do you have for women trying to develop their own personal style? Be Yourself. I know… what a generic answer but it’s totally true! A lot of people try to just follow trends that are in or flip through a magazine and think that’s how they should dress. I dress for myself and I love wearing what I feel comfortable in as well as putting something on that makes me feel good and confident. Style is different for everyone, but whatever it is – make it yours and own it.
(Note: All pictures are used with permission by Pearls and Paris, and the interview has remained unaltered, except for italicizing the questions for readers’ ease. This post was not sponsored or compensated for in any manner.)