Here’s this week’s installment of 7 things I am grateful for!
1. Pajamas -I have been looking for quite some time for a pair of pajamas that I can wear when I go to visit other people. The pair I found are pink and purple, made out of a soft, stretchy microfiber, and are covering while still cute. And the best part? I found them at a clothing swap last night!
2. My Wedding Rings -I am happy to be married. I am also happy to have such a pretty and meaningful wedding band set. The set that I am wearing was originally given to my Nanny (grandma), which was then passed down to my Mom, and then passed down to me. It reminds me of two wonderful women, their husbands, and of their generosity. It’s a vintage set from the 1950’s, and I love it.
3. Yoga Mat -I have a beloved yoga mat that I was given during my 11th grade year of high school. Years later, though a bit rough around the edges, it still serves me well. I love yoga, and am happy with the relaxation I get from engaging in the stretching and breathing exercises.
4. Protein Bars -Protein bars have helped me out so many time. They’ve helped when my blood sugar is running low. They are also a great thing to eat on the run. What would I do without protein bars? I really don’t know.
5. Flowers -I am grateful for carnations to be precise. Ben bought me a red carnation at the end out a shopping trip last week (which you can read about here). Unlike a rose, which would have wilted by now, my carnation is still going strong. It hasn’t even begun to wilt yet! I love it’s sweet, floral, slightly peppery smell, and it is both tough and delicate at the same time.
6. Jeans -I have been in great need of jeans that fit, and I found two great pairs at the above mentioned clothing swap. One pair are black skinny jeans, and the other is a faded lighter blue in boot cut. Now I have 3 pairs I can wear!
7. Art -I love art, especially from the Impressionism time period. This “Starry Night’ by Van Gogh has always been one of my favorites. I think art is a wonderful way of expressing yourself, and bringing beauty to others.