So, here is the second installment of my Sunday column, “7 Things I Am Grateful For.” I think that gratitude and optimism are vital to any blog –it brings a breath of fresh and helps to keep the blog alive. Here is what I am grateful for this week:
- I am grateful for candles. They are so pretty, and they smell good, and they make any room look instantly romantic and chic. It’s a pity that where I live I can’t light candles, but that’s okay. I have flameless candles (the electronic kind) that Ben and I bought from Bed, Bath and Beyond.
- I am grateful for water. Water is so important, and if I don’t drink enough of it, I feel lethargic and sick. I’m also grateful for my water bottle- the built in straw helps me to sip water all day, which means that I easily reach my 8 glasses of water each day. Plus, it’s healthier to drink in sips, rather than to guzzle down a water bottle all at once.
- I am grateful for my new foundation –or rather BB cream, by Cover Girl. It’s light, it’s sheer, and it actually matches my skin tone.
- I am grateful for coats. Ben and I went camping this week, and it was cold. I was very grateful for the coat and sweatshirt that I was wearing. Being cold is not high on my list, but being warm is. Thank you, coat!
- I am grateful for scarves. I love scarves so much. I love ones that are functional and keep me warm, but I also love fashion scarves. I have quite a few, including my brown ombre cashmere scarf (you can read about it here). I think scarves are elegant and also very versatile. You can create countless looks with one scarf, just by how you tie it.
- I am grateful for my glasses –they help me to see. 🙂 I bought a cute pair of blue glasses from Zenni Optical, and I love them. Although I prefer the look of contacts, there’s something about glasses that is so easy –you just slip them on and off. Plus, they make me look smart.
- I am grateful for ballet flats. They are super cute, and add glam to any outfit. And, unlike heels, they are easier to walk in, and a lot more comfy. I have several pairs, including one in red, like the one pictured above.